North West Medical Service is a company that was founded in Barrow by two brothers and a friend, Their aim is to provide trained medical staff to events across the whole of the North West of the country. In the 12 month that we have been established this is something we have done with a good amount of success, covering events such as fine fest in Ulvertson and the pop festival in Barrow.
We have know decided that whilst continuing with the event cover we would like to give back to Barrow and the surrounding area by offering free heart start courses to the public and businesses.
The course was originally developed by the British heart foundation, as a means to educate the general public in what to do in the event of a cardiac arrest. Our goal at NWMS is to give members of the public the confidence to save a life. With there being over 30,000 out of hospital cardiac arrest each year and less than 1 in 10 surviving, we at NWMS believe this is a vital skill that as many people as possible should know.
Our goal at NWMS is to give you the knowledge and confidence to help save a life.
- The course last 2-3 hours.
- The course is completely free.
- The course can be held at a public space or workplace.
- There will be information, discussions and practicals to take part in.
- There can be 6-12 people people per course.
A Heart Start Course Covers
- Deal with an unconscious person
- Recognize a heart attack
- Recognize a cardiac arrest
- Perform CPR
- Deal with choking
- Respond to serious bleeding
- Be aware of defibrillators
- As well as having our Medical staff there to answer any questions you have.
If you wish to arrange a course we need the names of 6-12 people, we can then arrange a time and place.
If you do not have the required 6-12 people, please send us your name or names and contact number and we can add you to a group.
Please use the below enquiry form for more information: